Darker pubic area. Chances of cancer?

I slipped and fell very hard on my bottom two weeks ago...when I was looking for bruising from the fall, I noticed that my mons were both much darker than usual, and not to be graphic, but so was the area around my anus . I am 45 years old and weigh 126 pounds. I was just at my annual OBGYN appointment two months ago and everything was completely fine, including paps smear results. Should I go back to her...should I be worried about pre-cancer?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Discoluration of the genital area is common and seen often in the older age group. Its also related to hormonal changes in the body. You need to worry about it unless there is an ulcerations,white areas etc.It also occurs due to friction. Just go for regular check ups and you should be fine.