Dark spotting. Have Mirena coil. STD test and PAP smear normal. Can this be common with the Mirena?

I m 26 with 2 small children, last being 6 months old. I ve had the mirena for 3 months now, no period only spotting for about 2 weeks straight. But the last month and a half, I ve not had red spotting, but brownish black spotting? I ve never had it so dark before, I just went in for my checkup and had a complete std test ran and pap smear , everything came back great. I know this can be common with the mirena? I m starting to feel tingles in my abdomen the past few days, I assume it s the mirena just settling in because I ve only had it a few months. I m just confused as to whats going on!
Asked On : Sun, 18 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  67 Awaiting Answer