Dark spots on lips due to smoking. Tried quitting, no relief. Treatment options?

Hi I m xxxx I m 25 years old I started smoking 5 years ago and I developed dark spots on my lips both upper and lower but mainly notable on the lower lip . I m really frustrated because I was never a heavy smoker and I ve tried quitting for a month to get rid of the discoloration and it kept on persisting it is really frustrating to see people smoke way more than I do and yet have perfect pink lips can you please tell me what s wrong with me and how can I treat this? Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013