Dark spots on face and back. Have gastritis. Was advised that spots will disappear after child birth

hello Doc, I am 29 years old and from West Africa. I am naturally very fair and i do have a very sensitive skin . for a couple of years now i am just getting dark, besides i have so many dark spots on my face and back. Living in this part of the world contributes a lot to my condition too: the sun and the dust(because i noticed the difference when i lived briefly in Europe) I have tried all sorts of natural in order to avoid damaging my skins, i watch my diet , drink a lot of water too... when it comes to fruits though i am just limited because i have gastritis (so i stay away from fruits with acid prevalence ) Please i need help PS: in 2010, i met with a dermatologist who said the spots on my back have something to do with my menses and will go away when i eventually become a mother?!
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013