Dark spot near right eye, looks like a bruise. Due to allergic reaction, sun exposure or thyroid?

Hi there I have a dark spot near my right eye for about 4 months now. It looks like a bruise but doesn t fade or go away. I am not sure if it has something to do with my thyroid or sun damage or I got allergic to a skin product. In any case is there a solution for it to go away. Please let me know. My family doctor had checked it too twice and said it will go away with time but its been 4 months and the mark is still the same. Thanks
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013