Dark skin on side of face, red spots, pimple marks. Have irritation after applying cream. Side effects?

Hi Doctor. I am fair looking guy.I am in a condition where my face cheek area is bright and the side area is dark. After consulting a dermatologist , she said I should more often use sunscreen because the dark area of my face got tanned . Also I have few red spots and leftover pimple marks. She suggested Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion,Melawash facewash,Neoskin skin cream,Ban-a-Tan cream for tanned area and deriva cream for pimples . I started applying , but within 3-4 days my face started experiencing irritation. It started to appear flaky and dry. I am not sure which of the doctor s suggested creams have caused an reverse reaction. Any suggestions? Regards, MJ
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013