Dark skin around mouth, eyes, knuckles and knees. Treatment?

Hi I am a 22 year old Indian and since my early childhood I have darker skin around mouth and eyes even my knuckles and knees are darker but I am distressed about the condition of my skin around mouth which includes upper lip area area around nose and chin . please help me by telling if there is a way to correct this skin complexion because i have wasted hundreds of pounds on creams and other stuff and no doctor has given a definite answer that what the problem is and why it is and if it is treatable?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012