Dark shadow on my left eye, what could it be ?

I went for an eye test and they saw a dark shadow on my left eye/what could it be
Asked On : Tue, 1 Feb 2011
please specify what is your age,whether you are diabetic,hypertensive,high myopic.
DARK SHADOW IN FRONT OF EYE IS MAINLY BECAUSE OR RETINAL DETACHMENT.HAZY VISION CAN BE BECAUSE OF CATARACT,if you are young you can have serous retinopathy in which only central black shadow is there.
please follow your ophthalmologist advice.
take care.
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
A dark shadow on the left eye can be due to many reasons. You need to provide some more details like - Was the shadow seen in the retina or the outer white of the eye?
Do you have any vision problems?
Is your eye pressure normal?
These answers will help me in suggesting you better.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal