Dark rash around pubic and upper thigh area after a bacteria infection, even spreads. Causes ?

I am 23 yrs old, in great shape(not over weight) but I had a bacteria infection for a while before I went to the doctor for it. ever since then I have had a slightly darker rash around my pubic and upper thigh area. it has even spread to my boyfriend. could this all be caused by that same bacteria infection? I have been treated for it 3 times now but the moment it goes away I will get another one. I also do not douche as I have been told that it messes up the ph balance, I wear mostly cotton underwear and I am naturally a clean person down there. I have also been tested for std s so I don t think this is one.my discharge is also changing, one week it is normal the next it has an odor to it and can be thick. im not experiencing and pain or itching though. any ideas on what might be causing this discoloration?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013