Dark patches under ears, suggested laser treatment. Should I take medicines or get laser done?

Hi sir, i am 22 year old guy from maharashtra. i have dark patches under my ears on my cheeks.. its from quiet long may b from 6 to 5 yrs.. when my beard is grown it is not visible.. bt when shaved it is easily visible and it grows more hair on it which can be plucked out easily..! i took consultation from local dermatologist and he said my dark skin cells and tissues has passed deep inside 4th 5th layer and it has caused due to some infection long ago which has been not treated at right time...! he suggested me laser treatment.. when asked for some medicines he said it dnt work on 70% people.. still if u want i can give u..! i just casually had look on tht medicines side effect and its really harsh nd high dose of steroids...! so i want ask ur guidance regarding it.. should i take those medicines.. or go for laser treatment.. is it safe to have laser treatment on cheek... or is there any treatment in ayurvedic medicines..?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012