Dark patches on nose and cheeks. Prescribed Momate and Brite. Worried about side effects?

My daughter has developed hyper pigmentation around the neck. The doctor says it is hereditary, but none of us have this black ring around the neck. We thought it could be acanthosis Nigericans, but not confirmed by doctors. Also recently, I have developed dark patches around my nose and cheeks. A dermatologist neighbour suggested that I mix Momate and Brite and apply it on the blackened skin. Though I started it yesterday, I am still worried about the side effects. Could you help me please?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013