Dark patches on back of thigh, navel area, center of waist, occasional itching, no improvement with medicine. Treatment suggestion?

I am a lady aged 51 years and I have been noticing some dark patches on the back of one thigh, navel area and centre of waist . It is just black smooth patches. At some times it itches, especially behind the thigh area. local doctor mentioned fungal infection and prescribed a cream to apply but after almost 1 and half month there is no improvement. In fact I found some more patches appearing on the back of my thigh and waist. Please help! My email is YYYY@YYYY Thanks,
Asked On : Thu, 23 Aug 2012