Dark, orangish-brown discharge on cleaning the ear after swimming, muffled hearing, mild impairment. Will it subside or treatment necessary?

hi. I just came back from the pool, and on cleaning my ear with a q-tip discovered a lot of dark orangish-browm discharge . i kept using more & more qtips but the discharge would not stop, and after a bit my hearing became muffled, and now i can t hear at all... should I wait it out and see how it is tomorrow or should i get to a doctor right away?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012
Thanks for your query
I can feel your concern
Avoid swimming in pool water and put soda glycerine drops in both ears,I recommend to have a proper clinical examination.
Hope it helps
Wishing a speedy recovery
Dr imran