Dark lump next to tonsil. Occassional bleeding. Small twinge when swallowing. Solution?

Hi, Today i have noticed a small dark lump next to my tonsil that occasionally bleeds , ending up with a small amount of blood in my mouth when i wake up. I have recently suffered with a mild gum infection which is mostly cleared up now by using corsodly mouth wash. At first i thought it was a small piece of food as it has no feeling and moves around but when i tried to dislodge it it began to bleed slightly. There is no pain apart from a small twinge when i swallow , particularly after eating food. Any thought on what i should do, ill be going to my gp after the weekend.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013