Dark lips. Prescribed Depiwhite cream. Safe to use without side effects?

my lips are dark in color when i was young like in school they were normal not much pink but not too dark even now i am 23 years old and from last few years i m feeling that my lips are darker now and any lipstick i apply doesnt suite me because of this reason. i went to a skin specialist and she asked me whether i bite my lips from my teeth or not i said may be i didnt give attention on this. but may be when they are dry i lick them. so she gave me depiwhite advanced depigmentation cream, i just wanted to know that it will effect or not? secondly after leaving it will my lips can get more darker or any other side effects? becuase i dont want them to be more darker.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013