Dark discolouration on legs, patchy skin on legs. Treatment for patches?

Morning Dr. XXXXXXX. Thank for the help. As a young girl I had a bad case of skin break out and the resulting outcome was dark discolourations on my legs which means it is totally disheartening since I can t wear a nice dress or skirt without a stocking of some type. I ve been to a dermatologist and nothing seems to really be working. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 3 Dec 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there XXY.

I hear your particular issues but skin discolouration is one of the most challenging conditions we handle in dermatology & cosmetology.

It is often not as gratifying & the treatment varies between different individuals, races & skin types.

Dermatology is pretty much a visual field & as such, a good clear digital image would be helpful & you can do so using the upload data icon to the right of your screen on this site.

Please also list all the medications you have used, durations etc.
It is best in your case to 'present' yourself to a dermatologist nearest you. Agreed, one particular line of management may not have suited you. Please do get a second opinion.

Cheers & Good luck.

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore.