Dark discolouration on inner corners of eyelids, especially severe in right eye. Suggestions for treatment?

I have very dark discolorations on the inner corners of my eyelids, also extending onto the upper and lower eyelids, all on the inside of my eye. I have very fair skin so it looks terrible, like someone punched me in the eye. It isn t so bad underneath, mainly in this area around the inner corners. It s especially bad on my right eye and I have noticed that when I touch the thin skin around the eyelid on the inner corner it feels like there is a vein in that area. Is there anything I can do about this?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
hii.. darker under eyes is due to stress and strain. this occurs due to rupture of the small veins present under the skin in the subcutaneous layer. this can be prevented by reducing the stress of everyday life. and massage the skin around the lids, this will increase the blood circulation. and can prevent further progression. take tablets Bcomplex with vitaminC once daily for a month with iron tab once daily after food for atleast 3months. still without seeing properly nothing can be cured. so consult an ophthtalmologist for detailed examination. thank you.