Dark complexioned, tanned skin, loss of confidence. Suggestions to attain a fair complexion?

Hi,i m an xxxxxxx!! I am not good looking,my skin has tanned by roaming in here all day!!!! I just lost in love twice just because i wasnt able to gather confidence due to my black skin!!! The girl i loved is very fair,shes beautiful,i truly love her from the bottom of my heart bt i m not able to do anything,she just refused me and even i feel bad to talk with her just because i dont look good!!! Can u suggest something that can make me fair at least the tan should be gone!!!
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013