Dark circles under eyes, Irish, German and Cherokee descent. Hereditary trait?

I ve had these dark circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember. I can t say for certain whether or not it is a hereditary trait, but I ve some interest in discovering whether or not that is the case. From my findings, I am of Irish, German, and Cherokee descent. Is this a trait common among descendants of these ancestries?
Asked On : Sat, 8 Dec 2012
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
Dark circles below the eyes are not a characteristic of any ethnic group.
However, hereditary may play a role.
Is there history of similar dark circles below eyes in any of your family member - mother, father or grandparents.
Facial features are inherited as multifactorial traits.
Other causes of dark circles are:
1. Sleeplessness
2. Nutritional deficiency

If hereditary is not relevant in your case, take sufficient sleep and take good diet.

thanks and take care
Dr Shailja p Wahal