Dark brownish spots on the neck, upper back and chest. Need a permanent cure

I have dark-brown spots on my neck , upper back and chest . They look like dirty layer on the skin and the original skin seems visible in-between. They spread quickly. They are not itchy or painful at all. I have visited dermatologists in the past but that hasn t worked. This gets healed with regular dosages of ayurvedic medicines but starts again when I stop taking these medicines. These medicines are mostly related to better digestion , liver related hormons and blood purification. Please help. I have this problem for about 5 years.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013