Dark brown spot above upper lip. What is it, how to cure it?

I have recently noticed (or rather my husband noticed first and pointed it out) a small dark spot above my upper lip. It is slightly raised and a darker brown color (I am fair with red hair and freckles). I would say it looked like a large freckle except that is raised. After a few hours it went away. It has happened a few times. It happened again tonight. No other symptoms - itching, redness, etc. Just slightly raised and brown. Have you ever seen/heard of this and should I go to the derm?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013