Dark brown clot visible to eyes in urine. Fever and burning sensation on urinating. What it could be?

Hi Sir, I saw some worm like clots this morning in my urine , they were dark brown color. I have been experiencing some fever sine last 4 or 5 days (up to 100.2 F, I would only take brufin and fever would disappear just in a couple of hours) . 5 days ago my urine was dark yellow. I started drink more water and the urine color was normalized. But I experienced very little burning while passing the urine. But when i started to drink more water that burning went away. But today I saw these clots and they were like 8 to 10 and visible with naked eye. I am 40 years old male. I smoked for more than 15 years and quit smoking almost 4 years ago. I ll appreciate if you help me figuring out the problem.
Asked On : Fri, 25 May 2012
Radiologist 's  Response
May 2014
Thanks for writing in.

You might be having urinary tract infection or a condition in your urinary tract is causing passage of lots.

Please consult a urologist and get ultrasound scan of abdomen done with specific instructions to look for kidneys and urinary bladder problems. A post god urine volume assessment is also important to study urinary retention.

Urine routine and culture sensitivity is also to be done.

Findings can be discussed with your doctor and treatment depends on the reports. Please drink plenty of water and fluids.

Hope this helps