Dark brown and sticky stools, foul smell, occasional upper right abdomen pain, normal CT scan and ultrasound for gallbladder. Worrisome?

I have been experiencing dark brown and very sticky stool for about eight months. It has began to have a very bad smell and if not extremely sticky and hard to wipe away it is very flat. I do have occ pains upper right abdomen . I have had a ct scan and ultrasound for gallbladder and all was normal. Should I be concerned.
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
K nothing to worry ...its just an amoebic colitis ...take ciplox+tinadazole tab for 5 days and a stat dose of tab albendazole 400mg ...and for pain can consider tab buscopan ...only if u have pain ...thank u