Dark blue, yellow wound on the side of knee days after the injury, no pain. What could have happened?

hi. i play american football and i got a hard hit few days ago. the hit was on the left side of the foot, just below the side part of the knee . 2 days it was hurting but there was nothing visible. now i see a wound that is 5 cm in diametre with blue, dark blue, yellow colors. the strange thing though, is that i dont feel anything in this zone. when i touch it, i can feel it with the hand , but the skin on the foot doesn t feel anything. could you tell me what possibly happened? a fu%ked up nerve or something? thanks in advance.
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012
Dear sir,
The site you describe has a very important nerve called the common peroneal nerve which is basically responsible for movements of the ankle and also for some sensations. The colour changes basically indicate an internal hematoma (collection of blood) which is in the process of resolution. I would suggest meeting a neurologist who would be able to assist you and if required can suggest you nerve conduction studies to rule out injury to the nerve.