Dark bleeding at intervals after sex. Pregnancy test negative. Periods abnormal. Cause for above symptoms?

I had my period 5 weeks ago about and a week later I had sex however, he didnt ejaculate. Two days later I had really dark bleeding for two days. I thought I was pregnant so I took a pregnancy test but t said no. A couple days later I started getting stringy brown blood . Then I started having some white discharge . I took a pregnancy test today (a week after my period was suppose to come) and it came out negative again. I m really stressed and have lost and gained weight frequently in the past few months. My period has been abnormal from stress before but ie never had these other symptoms. What s wrong with me?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
May 2013
As your urine pregnancy test was negative after one week of missed period, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
If you want to be sure about the result better to go for blood test for pregnancy.
If the test comes negative, the possibility of pregnancy is very less.
The intermenstrual spotting and irregular periods you are having could be due to hormonal imbalance.
This can occur due to stress and strain, weight changes etc.
The symptoms can change from cycle to cycle depending on the severity of hormonal imbalance.
So you once consult gynecologist, get examined.
And go for ultrasound if she suggests.
Then you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with your doctor's advice.
If the irregularity repeats, you can use hormonal pills for few months.
This will help in regularization of the cycles.