Dancer, popping sound in front thigh during splits, tingling sensation. Pulled muscle?

i m a dancer. a few minutes ago i was stretching and i had sat in my splits for a while after i had been fully strechted. then i went back into one of my splits and i felt a pop in the back of my front thigh and then i felt tingles spread through my thigh. it isnt really sore or anything it just feels funny. did i pull a muscles or was it something else ?
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012
The feeling of a pop in your thigh is likely to be due to a muscle tear in the area due to stress. Do take rest for a few days and avoid dancing. You do a cold compress in the area for relief. It is likely to improve in 2-3 weeks.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal