Damaged foot in an accident. Why do I now have trouble sleeping? Why is chest tight?

I was in a head on collision a month ago. Air bags came out and seatbelt was on. I damaged my foot badly and am no weight bearing for the next six weeks. I am mostly immobile and I have to sleep and lay around mainly on my back with my foot elevated. I was normally very active. Anyway I feel tight in my chest . A pain of some sorts. They sent me through all kinds of test some that tested my chest when I had the wreck .
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. I am really sorry to hear about the accident. Get well soon.

Regarding your chest tightness and mild pain. As the doctor did all the tests and they could not find any problem, the tightness could be due to two causes. One the acidity induced due to the intake of antibiotics. There must be medicines to clear this acidity. Second is the anxiety associated with the accident episode and the lameness with it.

This could be Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Don't panic. This should be cured naturally after some time. This PTSD happens with everyone after an accident. Be active mentally and physically as much as possible. Also read lot of interesting books while on bed.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.