Damage to three layers of skin at neck, Please suggest

I was traveling on two wheeler and suddenly part of cloth got into wheel. That cloth was hang on my neck. It strech my neck. I got severe injury. Presently taking Antibiotics, Pain killer and applying T BAT cream prescribe by doctor. Pl suggest. Awaiting for your reply. Regards,
Asked On : Tue, 13 Apr 2010
welcome tohealthcaremagic
if the injury is abbrasion only it will heal in few days time
if there is incisced /cut injury ,depending on depth it may require stiches
hope you be alright soon

If there is no open wound, then I do not feel that antibiotics would be necessary. The same goes for antiseptic ointments as well. But if there is an open wound, then both are must. Also do check your tetanus status. Hope you have got it by now. You should ideally take it within 24 hours of injury. Consult an orthopedician to see if there is any cervical dislocation, in that case you shall need to use a collar and/or a shoulder strap to minimize pressure over the neck.