DOne C-section, have severe abdominal pain due to cath overflowing, swollen body and face. How long will it last?

After having my c-section and having a catheter put it; I felt fine that first day with no swelling and no severe pain. That day I only had my catheter emptied once midday and that night I never had it emptied again for the rest of the night with me drinking tons of water and sprite and having an IV pumping fluids into me. Around 3:30am I woke up with pain in my abdomen so severe I could hardly talk. I called the nurse in to give me medicine and she told me that my cath was overflowing into me and causing my severe pain. She drained my bag and said she would come back in 15 min to take the catheter out. After 15 min she came bag and emptied the catheter bag again and it had already filled up to the top of the bag; that s how much was inside of me. I was severely swollen: hips, thighs, abdomen, legs, feet , hands, face...everything and in so much pain I cried for an hour. How much could having a catheter overflowing inside you right after a c-section cause, because it s been days and I m still swelling and in a lot of pain. Thanks!
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012