Cysts found in the left kidney, benign, kidneys normal, drainage,removal not advised. What is your opinion?

Due to a recient ultrasound it was found that I had a mildly complex cyst on my left kidney . I went form there to get a cat-scan of the same kidney and it was found that I have a simple 2.0 x 1.8 ch cyst in the upper-mid pole, a 2.3 x 1.5 cyst with in the midlower pole and a 2.3 x 1.5 cm parapelivic cyst. Additionally within the lower pole of the left kidney there is a 0.4 cm cortical cyst. Finaly a larger cyst is seen extending exophytically from the lower pole of the left kidney. This measures 6.2 x 5.1 x5.1 cm (AP X trans x cc) This represents the same cyst discribed on the recent ultrasound exam. Mild complexity is present, with thin internal septation seen that is partially calcified. No discrete solid elements appear present within. Kidneys are otherwise normal. maintaining normal size and parenchymal thickness, with no calculi or hydronephrosis evident. No spacifice features of malignancy are noted and this is favored to be on a benigh nasis. My doctor says Giving the complexity, followup to ensure ongoing stability is recommended. He did not recomend I see a specialist or have it drained or removed. What would your opinion be ??? The above was copied from the cat-scan report.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012