Cystic ovary, heavy bleeding, overweight. Surgery advised. Complication of hysterectomy?

I am 48 and have had 5 children. I have a 10cm complex cyst on my right ovary . CA125 tests are normal. No fibroids . Surgerical removal has been scheduled. After signifucant pain in my left abdomen my period began early with profuse bleeding - filling 2 nightime pads layered plus a super tampon just during the 10 minute ride to the hospital. I suspected a tubal pregnancy, but pregnancy test was negative. A transvaginal ultrasound revealed a lumpy uterus, 6mm endometrial lining (this was during my period however). During my follow up visit i had a biopsy of the endometrial lining, which revealed polyps. Due to the intense pain from the attemots to insert the probe beyond my cervix i was unable to complete the saline injectuon into the endometrial cavity - i found it excruciating, even though I took an oxycodone pill beforehand (left over from a previous sugery - the obgyn would not prescribe me one pill, even thoughI have a very low tolerance to pain. So, we do not know hiw many polyps. The obgyn is recommending a hystorectomy since i will need sugery for the cyst anyway. I am 100 lbs overweight and am concerned about surgery. Franklt, since lathroscopy involves blowing air into the abdomen, how can they do thus with belly fat in the way? Secondly, while my insurance is good i cannot afford to miss a week or two from work since i am the main breadwinner now. Given these concerns is a hysterectomy still advised?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013