Cystic ovaries. Been menstruating. Off birth control. What is going on?

I have been on birth control for many years to control the growth of cysts on my ovaries. Recently, I began menstruating a few days after I had intercourse the period last longer than usual and then started to turn into spotting, I removed the birth control patch for a day reapplied it today and now I believe I have my period all over again. This is the third time within the last 28 days I have had my period, never have experienced this before. What do you think I am going through
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine 's  Response
You should be worried because this can be a big problem and you should do a check up to see what is the problem.
You should do:
ultrasound(for tumors.polips,thickness of endometer,ovaries)
hormonal balance
PAP smear(for the cervix) and gyn.control with speculum
But this hemorrhage can be because you are using contraceptives and these cause menstrual irregularity.
take care