Cyst resembling a ruptured hernia with extreme swelling, succumbs temporarily with medicines. What should be done?

Hi my name is Alli I am concerned about a cyst that looks like staff infection has now turned into what looks like a ruptured hernia its so swollen it looks like its going to explode I have had this problom going on 3 year now each time I go to the Dr . I am always prescribed antibiotics the swelling fades the pain stays a few moths later its the same cycle every.I am reluctant to go into the emergancy right now because I know its time for surgery I live in New York City by myself My husband is in the military deployed over seas he wont be back for a month if I wait my medical benifits will expire but I am afraid to face this severe surgery alone :( . Please help?
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012