Cyst removal on inner thigh. How long stitches will take to heal and when can i have sex ?

Hello. I am getting a cyst removed soon from my inner thigh, practically in the crotch region. I assume I will be getting some stitches and had a few questions regarding them. How long will less then 10 stitches take to heal completely? and How long should I wait to have sex afterwards? It s a sensitive area, and I m worried because I ve never had stitches before.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Hi, welcome to HealthcareMagic.

Wounds in the perineum, that are sutured, heals within 10 days. The suture would most likely be removed on the 8-10th day, as per discretion of the operating surgeon. I would advice 15 days of reduced exertion of this region following the procedure.