Cyst removal done from the neck, tape seems to be bloody and dirty. What should be done?

I had a cyst removed from my neck yesterday by a plastic surgeon . I have sticthes and it was covered in a white tape. I was told no direct contact with water but now the tape is bloody and quite dirty looking. I was not given any details on if I should clean it. Just made an apt for next week. Not sure what to do. But I think it should be cleaned but not sure what to clean it with or to cover it with. Can you help?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Dec 2012