Cyst on left buttock cheek, scarred on popping it. How to remove it?

hello , i think i have a siste or absess on my left bum cheek ? its been there for like 6 months and scarred over from where i picked it . it hurts and i am fed up now. i am going to nip it off with some largeish naill clippers. whats the best way to do it please ? dont try to put me off please as i will still be doing it. i just want help to do it . thanks
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Jul 2012
Hi there .

Thanks for writing in to HCM!

At the outset, what exactly do you feel..pain, swelling ? How did you arrive at a diagnosis of cyst/abscess on bum cheek? Has some doctor had a look at it? Did it perchance arise after a local injection to the area?

Please try to excercise restraint & dont attack it with nail clippers or garden shears or what have you!

The best way & the Only way is to go across to a dermatologist or surgeon & have him/her excise it in toto & close the wound as he/she sees fit for best reults as regds scarring/pigmentation etc! Also remember this is best done under cover of an antibiotic to help reduce infection & promote fgood wound healing & limit the subsequent scarring!

Forgive me for saying so but it is akin to someone with a suicidal tendency saying please give me an instrument to end my life...gona do it either way! As Doctors' we ould then be aiding & abetting a crime! It is our sworn duty to "Do No Harm" even if we cant facilitate any good or treat the patient adequately.

Relax & take a deep breath & by all means get it done but professionally!

Cheers & here's wishing you well & a great looking bum-cheek in the future!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India