Cyst on labia, discharged string like substance, swollen and hurts, periods just began. What should I do?

I have a cyst on my labia . I am celibate for over a year now and have had these cysts before. I went to my gyno and was told that it was completely normal for a woman 40 + to develop. I am 44.This time however, I popped the swollen cyst and the discharge was thick like silly string, crazy. Anyway, now two days later the spot is more swollen, kind of all around that area and it feels like it is filled with puss. It hurts and I do not want to squeeze it again & to top it off my period just started. Every thing is so gross. down there and I am a vaginal clean freak and I hate this feeling. What should I do?
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012