Cyst on kidney, back pain. Should i get it removed? What more can i do?

I just had an MRI for my lower back and the report said there was a 2.7 x 2.4 cortical cyst on my left kidney . I have made an appointment to see my primary care doctor tomorrow but am unsure of what questions I should ask. Needless to say I was not expecting this and from what I have read there is no need to be alarmed. I don t believe I am having any symptoms as my back pain I thought was due to the horrible condition of my lower back. What would be some appropriate questions to ask? Should I get further testing? Should I have the cyst removed so I don t experience any type of kidney damage? Any questions you can as wear would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Fri, 15 Mar 2013