Cyst on back of baby's head

I found a small lump on the back of my sons head when he was very young, like a few months old. His dad and I looked at it and checked both side and our own heads and noticed we all have small lumps in this area. So even though his seemed like his was possibly slightly bigger on one side, his dad convinced me it was no big deal. He is now 1 1/2 yrs old and I have found a much larger lump in the sane are, I am quite positive it is the same thing I found when he was much smaller, only much bigger in size. What could it be? And, what should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Hello jennifer;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The lump found on the back of your sons head is probably a lymph node and as you said it was even at back of your s as well as your husbands head it is surely lymph node which can be palpable and if there is no pain or swelling or redness then it is not a problem.If the ump in your child has increased in size then i woud suggest you to get examined the child by a paediatrician so that he will see and treat your baby if needed and if it is a harmless lump or lymph node then he will advise you and you will not have to worry.