Cyst injection taken, bleeding, dark purple spot, not raised. Treatment options?

I got a cyst injection yesterday and it bled quite a lot more than when I usually get them and then I woke up this morning and there is a dark purplish spot at the injection site... it s quite small and isn t very raised but i can feel a small small amount of pain when I push it. What is it and how can I make it heal quickly?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Sep 2012
Dentist 's  Response
i have gone through your query.

When you take the injection,the needle penetrates through your skin to the deeper tissues,whie pentrating a smaller blood vessles get hurt by it which causes little bleeding. After some time the blood undergoes clotting which gives purple to greenish appearance at the site of injection.This is normal and happens in every individual.And minute trauma causes tenderness at the injection site.

so its all normal. Don't worry it goes of by itself as time passes,it can take 2-3 days also.

hope you find this helpful.