Cyst in the nostril, difficulty in breathing, sleeping. Can cyst be removed using laser therapy?

I have a 1cm cyst in my left nostril . I find it difficult to breath especially when lying down. I also suffer from mild inflammation due to insulin resistance from years of undiagnosed celiac . When my inflammation is really bad, the cyst puffs up and my nostril cavities swell up. I don t have any allergies, except to tree pollen in the spring. I also have a fairly constant tickle in my left nostril, from the cyst, because the tickle is exactly where I get pain when I go on/off nasal sprays and the cysts grows after not being there for a while. This likely adds to mucus that fills up my turbinates, and makes it even harder to breath at night because they are getting bigger due to this constant mucus production, etc. I have had a sleep study which came back negative for sleep apnea , but revealed I wake up 30 times an hour. I m assuming due to the blockage of my cyst, and the contraptions they put in my nose to measure breathing. I usually need 10+ hours of sleep to feel normal and mentally and physically sharp. I m 27 now, and I have been this way since 12 years of age. I ve likely had my nasal cyst since around then as a ganglion popped up in my wrist around age 16, and I developed PCOS around that age too, I also had a pituitary tumour (beneign), so lots of cysts all round. I want to get the cyst removed so that I can at least breath a bit better in light of reoccurring inflammation in my nostril and rest of my body so that I can sleep a bit better, and mouth breathing is not an option for me, I have spent so many years training myself not to breath through my mouth due to teeth sensitivity in the morning. I m a normal weight of 140lbs at 5 7 . Can this cyst be removed properly with laser therapy? I don t want incision surgery, as there is a chance it will come back and have scar tissue, making things worse inside my nose. My nose is starting to grow crooked with this cyst to compensate for proper air retrieval. :( Sleeping and breathing are so crucial and I have trouble doing both. I also get major anxiety when the inflammation is bad just because I can t breath deeply enough to calm myself down. Why aren t my doctors taking me seriously about getting this cyst removed from my nose? It seems to be impacting my life in a profound way. The amount of time I have to spend sleeping and resting is taking away from the time I could be putting towards going to school, having a life, etc. I can t even get my period because of the hormonal effect the nasal sprays (avamys, omnaris) have on my nose. And sleeping on my left side is never an option as my nose becomes completely blocked and it wakes me up. Have people had a good prognosis with getting nasal cysts removed? Especially with lasers? How can I convince my doctor to help me remove this cyst? Do they even have laser surgery in Canada for this type of procedure? Will going into my nasal cavity to remove this cyst affect my sense of smell? Will it affect the smooth muscles inside my nose that may later make them vulnerable to sleep apnea? Will getting this cyst removed now prevent me from getting sleep apnea, as I will be sleep better and deeper, thus healing myself instead of always running around on a deficit of sleep? HELP!
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012