Cyst can be removed from kidney by medications or operation is required?

SIR i AM HAVING SMALL PARAPELVIC CYST SIZE 3.3 X 3 CMS IN LEFT KIDNEY AND HAVING BURNING OF THE PELVIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WEITHER THE CYST CAN BE REMOVED BY GIVING MEDICINES OR IF OERATION IS NECESSARY CAN I DO BY LASZER OPERATION AND IF IT CAN BE DONE WHERE IN INDIA CAN I DO I AM RESIDENT OF HUBLI IN KARANATAKA STATE IN INDIA PLEASE REPLY
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Nephrologist 's  Response
Hi
Renal pelvic cysts do not cause any symptoms unless they are causing obstruction or infection. Thus they need treatment only in these cases.
There is no medication to remove the cysts.
If treatment is needed it is by surgical removal. Please see a urologist who can guide you appropriately.
Hope this helps
Good luck.