Cyclic episodes of rage, depression, then happiness, turning to suspicion. Bipolar disorder?

Hi Dr. XXXX, I work at XXXX. I have a question regarding a relative who lives in XXXX. She has cyclic episodes of rage, depression and violence followed by happiness, normal behavior and pleasantness. She has poor sleep patterns and extreme suspicion/ paranoia . But when she is doing ok, she is a talented artist. Her behavior is progressively getting worse. A colleague of mine suggested that this seems like bipolar disorder . My sister is extremely unwilling to seek treatment and claims that nothing is wrong with her. What should we do? Thanks.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012