Cycles changing weirdly with extreme pain, prescribed Naproxen. What could be the causes ?

Hi I ve been having many weird changes in my cycle for about 6 months. I used to start my cycle and continue for 3days and taper off for a fourth. In September it started like normal and the next day it was gone. A day after that it came back very lightly and then was gone that same day. The following months were about the same. The cycle would start with sometimes excruciating pain I was prescribed 500mg tabs of naproxen for. And would not last long. In the past my cycle would come about every 28 days. Now its been about 42 days since my last cycle. I m not pregnant. I have not been sexually active sore 3 months. I m curious of what could be causing this. I know cycles can change but I feel like this is odd.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013