Cut under chin, swollen. How to get the cut healed?

Hello, I got a cut under my chin about three weeks ago. It originally swelled up but went down a couple days later. The scab has fallen off as well. But today, it started to swell again and the are where the cut was has become a blister. Is there anything I can do to bring down the swelling down and get the cut healed?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013

Than you for the query.

3 weeks is long enough for the cut to get healed. Especially if it were not a deep one. If it is still not healed something went wrong during the process. It is possible that some infection has appeared in this area and this has caused swelling. Moreover, if it was glass cut, some parts of the glass could be left in the wound and now are irritating tissues causing an inflammation.
That is why I suggest you to visit your doctor so he can take a look at your wound.

If the wound is healing property, nothing really needs to be done to help with it. Keeping it clean (water and soap is very good for that) should be enough. So I dont think that you can do anything by your own to increase this process.

Hope this will help.

General Surgeon Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein's  Response
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
It seems like this cut got infected. You should visit docotr or pharmacist and take some antibacterial creams to apply on it. It this progress then antibiotics should be taken or surgical procedure performed.
Also there are creams which facilitate wound healing.You should consult your GP about it. Till that, just wash your wounds frequently,dont scratch it or touch with dirty hands.
Wish you good health.