Cut the arch of foot on broken glass, pain, stitched. How much time will it take to get back normal?

I cut the arch of my foot on a broken wine bottle about 10 days back. I was given 8 stitches, a set of crutches, and prescribed high dose ibuprofen. The concerning issue I have is there is pain and numbness alternating in a triangular pattern at three points; the bottom of my foot, the interior side of my foot near the largest toe, and between the arch and ankle. The stitches themselves are severely tender to the touch. At times walking is painless, then without warning, shooting pain into one or more of the aforementioned areas. I will hopefully be getting back to have the stitches removed tomorrow. The site is red but I cannot discern between a problem or just scar tissue. Please advise. Thank You.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013