Cut on the wrist healing after getting stitches. Continuous white discharge from the wound. Is it normal?

good day. please,i am worried. i have a cut to my wrist from sliping in the batroom and then i got stitches from a nurse,7days later,d stitches were removed,now in its healing process.2 evenings ago,i started having continuous discharge which isnt stopping,staining my hands,quite embarrassing,its not yellow though,more like milky white.... please is it normal? even though i can that hand properly now...
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
I don't think this is entirely normal. My concern is that it may be an infection. Other signs would be widespread redness in the area, swelling, pain getting worse rather than better as the wound heals. Also, a general feeling of being unwell and a fever.
If the white discharge is getting worse, I think a doctor should have a closer look at the wound. If it has become infected then you may need antibiotics.
I hope this has been of help to you.