Cut on the private area while trimming with scissors that had rust, used peroxide. Should I be worried?

Hi I am a 19 year old female, and today I was trimming up my private region with a scissors. I got like a pin hole of a cut. The scissors had a little rust on it. I cleaned it with peroxide right away. It barely even bleeded. Not even a drip when i cleaned it. I was wondering if I should be worried, or if I should see a doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 5 Sep 2012
Mar 2014
Hello and welcome,

Do not worry so much. Just check if you have had your immunizations properly and if tetanus immunization was completed. If yes, just clean the part with betadine lotion and leave it open at night. Let it heal and try to keep it as dry as possible. Nothing happens and it will heal.

If the immunizations are not competed there is a very very small risk of tetanus. So you may take a shot of the vaccine. The risk is hardly any though and mostly nothing happens after cleaning it well and using betadine lotion if the cut is very superficial.

If you are feeling too much stressed see a doctor and get the shot if unimmunized.
Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.     
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Madhuri Bagde
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist