Cut on the big toe that is fusing but seems to be swollen and itchy. Normal?

Hi I cut the skin on my big toe above the nail but bellow the joint . It cut off a big enough flap that there s still a lot of feeling in it but there wasn t a whole lot of blood coming out I decided to simply wrap a bandaid on it and try to get the flap of skin to fuse back. It s fusing now but my toe seems somewhat swollen and it s itchy under the skin... What I m trying to get to is; is the swelling and itchiness normal or should I be going to the store and buy rubbing acohol first thing tomorrow? (On a side note if the swelling and itchiness is normal could you tell me why it reacts that way? Because it s been near or over a week but the swelling and itching has only been happening recently)
Asked On : Wed, 23 Jan 2013
Hi, Welcome to Health care magic forum.
When ever you have a cut or injury, there will be an infection, and that is to be treated promptly. Itching and all are secondary, but the main thing is the infection.
I advise you to consult a surgeon for diagnosis and treatment. You may need to take tetanus toxoid injection and and other medicines for recovery.
Take more of green leafy vegetables, pulses, sprouts,and
protein rich foods for fast recovery.
Wishing for a quick and complete recovery. Thank you.