Cut on penis. Applied polysporin. Harmful, issues on healing?

I cut the shaft on my penis while trying to "trim the hedges" a little more in-depth than was necessary. I have used a neosporin/cortizone-10 combo cream on my pelvic area after shaving and it seemed to reduce razor burn. I did not see any neosporin but I did find Polysporin. I applied the antibiotic liberally on the areas I had shaved (including the shaft of my penis up to the head) as well as the cut. The application technique I used involved the penis head also being covered with Polysporin - immediately thereafter I thought better of it and washed the head with a wet cloth.

I then got more worried and hopped in the shower and cleaned my penis with soap and water. My Question: Is rubbing Polysporin liberally over the entire penis harmful in any way, and if so; what ramifications might there be? And what can I do to avoid any issues as a result of my overzealous healing effort?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013